Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eeeeeek!

So there are two thing that stress me out possibly more than any other of life's vast experiences. These things are: 1.) Starting a new job and 2.) having to drive anywhere when there is even a whisper of snow in the forecast.
Tomorrow I am starting my new job and we are expecting our first snowfall. Oh dear lord...
Many years ago I totaled a car and missed plummeting into a deep frozen gully by a few yards one icy fateful night. Luckily I spun in circles for a while until an obliging embankment stopped my car. These kinds of things are a bit hard to get over...

Oh dear, well enough of that. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and are warm and safe wherever you are. If you find that you are not so very warm, it is probably because you need a scarf from Gypsea Myth.

I will be having Holiday Sale this upcoming weekend. All items will be 25% off!

PS: Thank you for still reading even though I get all Etsy nerdy more often than not lately...
I'm off to pace around my house until it's time for me to go to bed and lay awake for hours worrying.


8 comments:

echo said...

Congratulations on the new job! I snowed down here in the Tacoma area today, so I'm petrified about driving to work in the morning. Sooooo scary!!

Gypsea Tree {Steam Spectre} said...

@echo: Good luck to us both! I didn't see the snow, but I'm right near the water so maybe thats why... As long as it doesn't stick I think I'll be OK... fingers crossed...

poet said...

Oh, good luck with your new job! Hopefully it won't snow... I'm not usually driving so I'm actually looking forward to the first snow... But I've had my share of experiences with cars slipping on ice.

Cheers,
poet

Fala Cedar said...

Good luck with your new job, and I hope there's no snow!! None down here in Portland, but I heard it snowed in Vancouver. Here's to hoping the white stuff stays away!

the bride said...

i hope your first day went wonderfully and that the snow was not an issue!

the bride said...

i hope your first day went wonderfully and that the snow was not an issue!

Bitsy said...

Oh my goodness, we have the same fear! I had a couple of scary moments behind the wheel during the winter when I was younger, and I can't get past them. I am pretty much home bound as much as possible in the winter, and I live in Michigan!!!! I cringe when someone invites us out of town for a visit in the winter. So scary to get on those roads. I hate it!!

Bitsy said...

Oh my goodness, we have the same fear! I had a couple of scary moments behind the wheel during the winter when I was younger, and I can't get past them. I am pretty much home bound as much as possible in the winter, and I live in Michigan!!!! I cringe when someone invites us out of town for a visit in the winter. So scary to get on those roads. I hate it!!