Saturday, February 5, 2011

Wandering back

It is nice to be back! First of all: thank you for your wonderful words, comments, and emails. (The caps were indeed helpful!) It is a truly a wonderful thing to know that you have friends that care about you and even more wonderful when you can count among them some very lovely people that you have never actually met "in person". Thank you all so much. When I peaked in to read emails and publish comments it really made my day. Also a welcome to some of the new visitors that have wandered by in my absence. I hope you will stay a while!

Nothing really conclusive about my eye problems so far. It comes and goes in severity, but I went back to work midweek and am doing my best to work around it. It's frustrating that I don't have any answers, but the upcoming week will involve more tests so hopefully that will lead somewhere.

I had a million ideas of blog posts while I was away so I hope to have plenty to share with you over the upcoming weeks. 


Until then, I share with you this jacket:
For some reason I really want it. I keep "visiting" it and wondering if I would really actually wear it...
OK that was random, but sometimes it gets pretty random here...
What do you think?



5 comments:

Shell said...

I do hope eventually your eyes heal for good.
You can wear that jacket with a white ruffled shirt underneath and a long skirt of any color. Look very Gypsy.

Gypsea Tree {Steam Spectre} said...

@Shell: Thank you! And yes, this was kind of what I was thinking too! Love the ruffled shirt idea. I think I will need to go visit the jacket again... ;-)

Róisín said...

Random is good, and so is the jacket. Best of all is that you're back! I've been thinking about you missus, I hope you get the answers you need soon.

I presume so, but have they done that test yet where they look behind the eyes for any blockages and stuff? I have to wear glasses even though there's nothing actually wrong with my eyes because I've a minor form of brain damage from when I was sick as a kid. It's really not serious and the weird lense prescription I have sorts it right out.

Apparently it's really common too and I've a friend who only discovered she had it last year after going through something pretty similar to yourself; she'd just started a new job working a lot on computers and her vision started to go all blurry. Hopefully that's what it is!

Look at me, trying to be a doctor. I'm worse than those symptom checker thingies on google! I just don't want you worrying about it though. I hope things get better and all will be well. Which it will be. Take care and have a lovely weekend!

Roisin x

Gypsea Tree {Steam Spectre} said...

Thanks Róisín! I'm so happy to be back. How I missed you all too!!!

I actually have not had the test you mentioned done. I'm getting an MRI at the end of this week and now I am definitely going to ask about this. I had a pretty serious head injury when I was a kid as well. I had a few surgeries then and I have been suspecting that this problem with my vision is possibly related. Your insight is very helpful and definitely something I will pursue. Ive had issues with my eyes for several years and this is the first time its been this severe and persistent. Thank you! I may ask you more about this...:-)

poet said...

Hello there, I hope you can read this now :) I'm glad to hear you're at least temporarily doing better... I like the jacket too, it reminds me of my grandma's red velvet bolero but it's a bit more rustic. I really do have to make an outfit post about yesterday's ball gown (I went dancing yesterday, yes!), it was somewhat 1950s meets gypsies, so you'd like it!

Cheers,
poet